As a Christian parent, are your plans for your kids that much different from the rest of the world’s?
…are you sure?
Okay, think fast…
What are your plans for your child’s college education?
- Are you making sure he’s taking all the correct academic subjects?
- Did you choose the neighborhood you live in to make sure you were in a good school district?
- How’s that educational IRA looking? Do you have enough money saved?
- Do you think about which colleges would be best for your child?
- Is your child involved in extra-curricular activities that look good on college applications?
- Are you diligent in helping him with his homework? Do you drill him in preparation for tests?
- Have you talked to him about his areas of strengths–that is, what career field he should pursue?
- Are you reading Scripture to him daily?
- Are you studying yourself so that you are prepared to answer his questions about his faith?
- Do you know what you believe and why you believe it? Does he?
- Are you praying with and for him–not just at mealtimes?
- Are you training him to not be merely a hearer of the Word, but a doer?
- Are you sure that your child understand’s the Gospel? Are you articulating it daily?
- Is your home filled with worshipful music and media? Do you guard against media that dishonor’s God?
- When you study academic subjects, do you take care to always point back to God?
- When choosing outside activities, do you evaluate them in light of bringing glory to God?
- When discussing your child’s future, do you consider how God might use him to further His Kingdom?